My Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
This past Sunday the Church ushered in a new liturgical year as we celebrated the beginning of the Season of Advent. Thank you to parishioner, Tony Wang, for posting this beautiful picture.
Advent is a time for us to prepare our hearts for our Lord’s arrival as we grow together as Intentional Disciples. But as we continue to “look ahead” to prepare our hearts for His arrival, let us momentarily “look back” to the month of November to see all that took place at our parish.
We had quite the busy November at our parish… please permit me to highlight:
1. Visit from Fr. Kim (top row; first picture) – Our beautiful and flourishing Burmese Community at St. Joseph’s had a visiting priest from the Diocese of Tulsa, OK! Fr. Kim joined us for several weeks celebrating Nuptial Masses and baptizing new members into our Lord’s Church for our Burmese Community. We are grateful for his visit, and we welcome him back anytime!
2. All Souls Day (top row; second picture) – on November 4th, we held our “All Souls Day Remembrance Service.” It was a solemn, beautiful time to honor those loved ones and parishioners who passed on during the past year.
3. Thanksgiving Mass: Manna Bags (middle row; first picture) – Give thanks to God for He is good! Thank you to our parishioners who Loved Generously from the Heart with their abundant donations of food for those in need! Thank you for being the hands and feet of Christ!
4. “Loving Generously from the Heart” (middle row, second picture) – thank you to our Stewardship Committee, led by Tom Souders, for putting together this stewardship plan that will enable us to Live Generously from the Heart as Intentional Disciples year-round. If you did not get your free parish magnet and letter, be sure to contact Mary Ellen in the office to receive it! Please be on the lookout for more info on this over the months ahead.
5. Advent Parish Mission (middle row, third picture) – the Advent Parish Mission with Fr. Joseph Tuscan, OFM Cap. was a beautiful, faith-filled time! Fr. Tuscan’s Mission Topics of “Why Stay Catholic: the Spirituality of the Cross” inspired the over 125+ faithful who attended the Mission to pursue lives of holiness and to look to the saints and our Blessed Mother, as a models for holiness. We are grateful for his visit and the work that our Lord accomplished through him while he was here!
6. Cookie Sale (bottom row; second picture) – These aren’t Santa’s elves, but they are dedicated parishioners! Led by our ever committed parishioners, Jen and Jim Weber, the cookie sale to combat world hunger, in its 21st year, began and is near completion! Although I don’t know the final count just yet, word on the street is that this is one of the most successful cookie sales to-date! Thank you to all those who did their part in the sale!
7. German Fest (bottom row; 3rd picture) – last, but certainly not least, this year’s German Fest was an exciting time filled with food, fun and fellowship! This family-friendly event featured live German music and dancing, in addition to tasty food. Check out some of our Facebook live music coverage here! And a big “Thank You” to Eileen Hostetler for all of her and her team’s hard work on this year’s event!
Although this does not cover everything that took place, it it my hope that this gives you a glimpse in to all of the work that our Lord is doing at our parish. He is doing so very much… we are grateful!